By Gretta Monahan
Talk about making an entrance! If ever there were a true ‘It Girl’ right now, it’s hands-down Caitlin Jenner. She secured that title last week when she showed up to accept the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYs donning a custom-made Versace gown, similar to one Angelina Jolie wore to a film premiere in 2010 (and styled by Jolie’s stylist, no less).
It takes real guts to offer a public (and very public at that) homage to Angelina Jolie’s style, but that’s just what Caitlyn did. But who can be that surprised? Honestly, if there’s anything Jenner is showing us again and again that she has in spades, it’s guts.
I couldn’t be more in awe of her beauty transformation. As I told The New York Daily News, she’s now officially a style icon. And as with all icons, she’s bound to inspire ideas for everyone else. So here’s a pallet I’ve pulled together of my favorite ways to duplicate her soft, modern look:
– Get Caitlin’s subtle cat eye with Marc Jacobs’s a chic new line. I love the neutral hues that create warmth, openness, and youthfulness. Sweep the lightest matte color from lash line to brow bone, and hit the lid with a generous dose of the metallic. Then use the deepest color to shade the crease from the middle of the eye to the corner.
– Definition: Finish the look with sable gel liner by Bobbi Brown or simply wet a pointed brush and dip it into the darkest color of a pallet like Smashbox’s new Photo Op Eye Shadows and double duty it with liner on the lash line.
– Lashes: Coat twice with Mascara. I’m loving Charlotte Tilbury’s and L’Oreal’s Lashout.
– For extra starry Jenner eyes try Ardel lashes number 18 in brown. They look much more natural than black and give an extra dose of ‘diva’ to your eyes.
– Liner tip: To intensify the liner just re-wet your brush and layer your lash line until you unexpectedly hear yourself shout, ‘Vavoom!’ 🙂
– Lip layering is the key to adding fullness and plump as C.J. does. Take your deepest hue (a warm rose nude worked on C.J.) and layer with a sheer neutral beige pink.
– Lip tip: If you have a liner that you love feel free to use it all over the lip and then top it with a sheer gloss or lighter color to give you a beautiful neutral base lip color with a semi satin finish like Jenner.
– Tame hair and keep it lush and soft like Jenner’s wavy locks. A perfect solution for thick or dry hair is Kerastase Discipline Spray Fluidissime. The spray gives up to 72 hours straight of anti-frizz protection, banishes fly-aways, and brings shine and control.
– Lock in your look: As Caitlyn said, it takes time to be beautiful. Trust Beauty amplifier by Sephora to do the job. With your eyes closed, spray it all over the face about 10-12 inches away to create a fine, even mist. It has an anti-slip formula for ultra priming and smoothing the skin surface, with instant oil-free hydrating giving that gives any foundation a glowy, natural finish.